All constituents have certain common, fundamental needs and values. We all want freedom, a strong economy, good paying jobs, affordable health care, good educational opportunities, clean air and water, a sustainable climate, and an efficient government.
Here’s my plan to get us there. If elected as your Representative, I will strive to
- Represent the individuals living in my district and refuse campaign contributions or favors from large corporations, their lobbyists, or the PACs representing them.
- Return government power to the people who keep our economy moving forward; take government away from large corporations and inefficient bureaucracies.
- Lower taxes on hard-working, Middle-Class Americans and eliminate loopholes that favor Wall Street, Big Banks, Big Telecom, Big Sugar and other special interest groups; rely on proven economic policies rather than the empty theories embraced by large corporations for their own benefit.
- Make health care affordable for every American family by promoting private competition with optional government programs; I will not stand by while special interests sacrifice the lives of my fellow citizens for the profit of a few.
- Protect clean air and water and force large corporations to accept responsibility for the environmental costs of their outdated practices; those costs should not be shouldered by individual taxpayers or future generations.
- Adopt modern solar technologies to bring more jobs to Florida, keep America competitive in the world energy market and reduce the cost of living for all Floridians.
- Promote opportunity for all Americans equally by upholding the Constitution of the United States and applying our laws fairly; ensure the safety of every citizen – both at home and abroad – regardless of age, gender, race or any other consideration.
- Support startup companies and protect small businesses from inefficient regulations and unfair trade practices.
- Insist on transparency in the conduct of our nation’s business, keeping a public log of all visitors to my office and revealing all negotiations by me as your representative – backroom deals to mislead voters must stop; I will not hide from voters, but instead meet with them publicly, in person, on a regular basis.
- Fight for national infrastructure improvements that include high-quality public education and reliable Internet access for rural communities, as well as new roads and bridges.